If getting more organised and creating more time for yourself appears on your New Year business resolutions, then outsourcing to a support professional is one way to ensure you actually stick to them. Need convincing? Here’s our lowdown of 16 brilliant reasons why 2016 should be the year you learn to delegate:
- It’s often cheaper than you doing the task yourself. Consider how much you could earn per hour and therefore how much you have missed out on by spending 3 hours trying to figure out mail merge!
- The virtual model means that no provision of equipment, furniture or even space needs to be found
- You only pay for the hours you need, so there’s no distracting panic trying to find work for a full-time employee, plus you have none of the PAYE headaches or commitments to deal with
- You could actually tick off some of those tasks that have been hanging around the bottom of your to do list and taunting you each day with their incompletion
- Your newly acquired time could mean you stick to your more inspiring resolutions; a new hobby, resurrecting a passion or preparing for a big goal
- You can spend more time doing the work you love
- Imagine realising a work life balance which so many talk about but which you’ve yet to discover
- It could present the opportunity for you to focus on the growth of your business and evaluate which direction it’s headed
- It should give you the ability to take on more clients and, stop press, actually invest some quality time with the ones you already have
- You might actually do your health some good, reducing some of the stress and worry that comes with running your own business and knowing that you’re on top of it all (or not!)
- For many, delegating some of the more mundane or dreaded tasks, reignites a passion that has been missing from their business for a long time
- Networking is such a crucial part of business development and yet, it is often the first thing that drops off the agenda when we’re faced with too much. With more time, you could start to participate in groups again, contribute to LinkedIn and meaningfully follow up potential leads
- With a bit of re-organisation you might actually start to find stuff
- You could finally finish your website or figure out what you’re doing on social media
- Productivity breeds. Ever noticed that if you tick off a significant task in the morning, you remain productive for the rest of the day? Well imagine if all the tasks that make you sluggish suddenly start to disappear? You could be on fire!
- You could even get some of your evenings and weekends back!
We could go on, but then we would lose our nice, tidy analogy! Point is, if you don’t want to do it, don’t know where to start doing it or simply don’t have enough hours in the day to do it, get in touch and let’s see if 2016 could your year to prosper!